sa-vour 7 day winelands experience
- Guests arrive at their luxury accommodation in Stellenbosch from 2pm onwards (transfers can be arranged if required)
- There is plenty of time to unpack and settle in
- Early evening guests are transported to Overture restaurant where they will enjoy a glass of bubbly on the terrace, enjoy their spectacular surroundings, get to know their fellow foodies and be given an overview of the week ahead by Jacqui
- They will be treated to a Braai Demonstration by acclaimed Chef Bertus Basson after which they will enjoy a Gourmet Traditional South African Braai (barbeque) accompanied by a Hidden Valley Wine pairing
- After breakfast guests are transported to Babylonstoren where they are taken on a guided tour of the magnificent fruit and vegetable gardens
- An early lunch under the trees at the Green House restaurant comprising produce harvested on the farm, local trout or even a traditional Boerewors roll
- After lunch there is an opportunity for some shopping before heading back to the Guest House for some R&R ahead of the afternoon cooking session
- Late afternoon guests will assemble in the kitchen for their first foray into South African cooking
- After cooking up a storm there is time to freshen up or even have a quick swim to cool down from the heat of the kitchen
- Dinner that you have prepared is enjoyed accompanied by a selection of local wines
- After tea, coffee and traditional South African rusks, guests are taken to the magnificent Jordan wine estate where they are treated to delicious pastries from The Bakery whilst overlooking the dam.
- Then it’s time to learn how to bake bread with acclaimed chef, George Jardin
- After all the kneading and rolling, guests will be ready to enjoy a well-deserved lunch on the terrace , accompanied by Jordan wines
- After lunch there is a cellar tour and a wine tasting of those wines not enjoyed at lunch
- The rest of the afternoon is at leisure
- Dinner is a cheese and wine, with pates and olives from the winelands to accompany the beautiful bread baked in the morning. We may even whip up a traditional South African butternut soup as well!
- After a relaxed breakfast it’s cooking time again
- Guests will hone their cooking skills and add to their repertoire of South African dishes
- Then it’s time to enjoy the meal that we have prepared, all paired with wines from the region
- After lunch guests have the afternoon to themselves. You can relax by the pool, have a nap, do some shopping, explore Stellenbosch, have a massage … the options are endless. Or if you wish, you can quite simply do nothing whilst taking in the beauty of your surrounds
- Our final dinner in the winelands is at a Top 10 restaurant
- After breakfast we take a slow drive into Cape Town. Guests are taken to their new accommodation and they have some time to settle in before heading to Camps Bay where they will enjoy a Master Steak Class at the Hussar Grill
- South Africa is renowned for its excellent quality meat, and guests will learn about the various cuts of meat, ageing and then how to cook an impeccable steak
- Lunch is a perfectly cooked steak with a wine pairing at the Hussar overlooking magnificent Camps Bay
- The afternoon is at leisure and could include a trip to the world renowned V&A waterfront or a walk on one of Cape Town’s spectacular beaches
- Dinner is a traditional South African potjie or fish braai (depending on the weather). Guests can assist in the preparation or just relax with a glass of wine!
- We head to the vibey and exciting Biscuit Mill first thing. Guests are given a shopping list for some specialty items that we will enjoy later
- They also have the opportunity to taste the amazing foodie items on offer and buy some goodies to take home with them.
- Then it’s a scenic drive to The Flagship restaurant in Simonstown to experience an incredible seafood lunch with renowned chef, Duncan Doherty
- The afternoon is at leisure. A nap may be needed after lunch or perhaps a long walk
- Dinner is a casual affair… comprising ingredients purchased at the market
- After breakfast guests head to the famous Bo-Kaap where after a brief tour they are invited into the home of one of the locals and are treated to a hands on cookery lesson where they learn to make Cape Malay favourites such as Roti, Samoosas and Cape Malay curry
- Lunch is enjoyed in the Bo-Kaap home of our hostess who will entertain you with many of her wonderful stories
- The rest of the afternoon is at leisure – to do some last minute shopping, walk off some of the indulgences or soak up the sun on the beach
- Our final dinner is with a top South African chef
- After breakfast guests bid farewell to new found foodie friends and start planning their next trip!